Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My Daughter Is OVER A Quarter of a Century Old!


On the 24th of October, Haley celebrated her 26th birthday with her husband and two children and one dog.
I could rehash all those overused phrases: "How time flies!", "It was just the other day when she was so little.", "My oldest baby is all grown up!", "In a blink of an eye, she's out of the nest; she's flown the coup. She's......"
You get the idea without me saying any of those cliches? Good!
Having a 26 year old daughter makes me feel as if I should check into the Smithsonian Museum as an ancient parent.
We're mighty proud of our oldest "baby".
As I have said in the beginning, our children are our jewels from God.
Wild Thing is six years younger than Haley; No sweetheart, no spouse, no children, no college education, he sits today in our rocking chair. Wild Thing doesn't rock much, and he keeps to himself. One thing I can tell you about dear old Wild Thing, he has not flown the coup!
:-)

2 comments:

OKeedokey said...

And now, your 2nd reader will post her comment.

My almost 2 year old talks better and better everyday. (insert normal cliches here)

I just hope when she is 26 she will enjoy her talks with me like I enjoy my talks with you.

OKeedokey said...

I'm glad you put a picture of Wild Thing. It makes it more clear in case someone else read this.