Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Blessings of a Sister

A quote from former First Lady, Laura Bush in her book, Spoken from the Heart...

"I remember as a small girl looking up at the darkening night sky, waiting for the stars to pop out one by one. I would watch for that first star, for its faint glow., because then I could make my wish. And my wish on a star any time that I wished on a star was that I would have brothers and sisters."


In the 1970's I wrote this little poem about my sister. Our father had passed away in 1949 at the age of 25, so it was only our working mother, my baby sister and me.


"SISTER"
To the gentleness soul I'll ever know,
To the one I love so much.
Of all the souls in the Universe
I know whose soul would care the most.
That of my sweet sister, that of my closest kin.
And no matter what I've ever done;
No matter what I'll do,
I know whose love will stay with me,
When all the trials are through.
This gentle soul will hold my hand
Until Heaven opens its door,
And only then will I leave her side
Because I already know.
We'll see each other at our Heavenly home
By our Father's welcoming arms!
****
The end.

1 comment:

OKeedokey said...

awwwwwwww!! sweet sisters.